Tuesday, 12 February 2013

For my 30th Birthday my sister bought me a diet book

So I turned 30 late last year.  I was ok with it.  Mostly because Nathaniel was taking great delight in telling everyone at every opportunity (he'll keep it'll be his turn soon enough), so I was well prepared.  It also helps that whenever I tell anyone I'm 30 they practically pass out from the astonishment in a good way.

My friend Amanda helped my husband throw me an amazing party.  She is so sweet.

I didn't see my older sister until just after Christmas and when I opened my birthday present from her I wasn't upset (much).  I have three sisters.  We all struggle with our weight so you know it's not like she's a skinny minny giving me a diet book - if she was, she would have done got slapped.

She was very careful about explaining why she gave it to me so I wouldn't be offended.  I think I was told it's more a lifestyle than a diet.

I would be lying if I said my weight didn't bother me. 

My struggle with depression is a big part of it.  When I get depressed I forget to eat.  So when I do remember to eat my body goes right she'll stop eating soon we'd better store this.  My depression is not such a problem any more so mostly I remember to eat now.  My body still thinks I'll forget.  It's a problem.

Since getting married I eat like my husband does.  Not only is he a boy but he's younger than me.  It's a problem.

I really like food.  It's a problem.

I carry my weight really well (most people don't believe I have so much to lose).  It's a problem.

I'm working on it. 

 

Thanks for the not so subtle kick up the butt sister.

Linking up with Jess today.




13 comments:

  1. Ah, that ol' chestnut! I'm hearing you loud and clear. Weight, mental health.. walk a not so merry path together. Hopefully the book can offer a few pointers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weight and mental health are basically non mixy things...

      thanks for visiting Loz :)

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday. I think there are only a few people in your life from whom you can accept a gift like that. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve. She is very lucky she's one of the people I could accept a gift like that from. I know it was well intentioned as she is also doing it herself.

      Delete
  3. ahhh siblings... nothing like the subtle hint presents :( Happy Birthday - and good luck with your health and fitness journey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my family so doesn't do subtle - not with each other anyway :)

      Delete
  4. It's good you accepted the intent of that gift so well. BTW I've battled my weight and my mental health too over the years, so don't feel alone! Kirsty @ My Home Truths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty, I don't feel alone :)

      I'm lucky to have some fantastic support around me. Definitely a post coming up about that one I think.

      Delete
  5. I think if it was my sister, I would have slapped her!!!
    Good on you though for knowing you have issues to fix and owning them. That's always a good place to start, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she hadn't have been doing it herself and I hadn't already kinda wanted the book anyway (which she didn't know before she gave it to me!) she probably would have got smacked down ;)

      Delete
  6. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely. Sisters are wonderful beings aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful Rhianna and I'm very lucky to have mine!

      Thanks for following.

      Delete
  7. I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm an emotional eater approaching the decade after yours! My weight was just ballooning so at the end of last year I decided to finally do something about it. I wrote about it on my blog (titled New Year's Resolution: Done and Dusted? Jan post if you want to search for it). I basically love food and hate exercise but by just doing a few simple things and not cutting out any food group (including sweets) I managed to lose 7 kgs. I've been a bit lazy of late so have to get back into it. Good luck - the main thing is feeling good about yourself, not the actual numbers x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they tickle my feet like clover. I may not reply to every comment but I appreciate them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips